Re: Elearning advice

Subject: Re: Elearning advice
From: rbilbao -at- us -dot- amadeus -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:07:58 -0500

I echo Greg's sentiments about Authorware, it really is the best tool for
computer-based training for the reasons he mentions and more. However, if it's
strictly web content we're talking about in my experience AW's not always the
best option. If you have a short time frame/small budget I would look into Flash
as an alternative. Lots more Flash developers than there are AW developers and
it is made specifically for the Web. It's also a lot more... well... flashy. I
also get the impression that there are more Flash players than AW players
installed out there.

Greg wrote:
Well I'm biased. I use Authorware and strongly suggest it for your purposes.
Authorware has the extensibility to integrate all those things you need. You can
add a full-fledged LMS or sqlserver DB or plain ol' text files to do your
tracking. And authorware has the best, most friedly and helpful developer
community around.

Head over to http://www.e-media.nl/aware/ and sign up for the Aware list.

There's also a much ballyhooed training oportunity happening very soon. I'd say
more but I do not wish to violate the rules.

This email message and information contained in or attached to this message
may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure and is intended
only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient any retransmission, dissemination, printing or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited.
If you received this message in error, please immediately inform the sender by
reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. This footnote also
confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of computer viruses. Thank you.

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com