Re: Inline help?

Subject: Re: Inline help?
From: "Deborah S. Ray" <debray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:37:02 -0700

Hi, Kevin,

Is anyone familiar with the term "inline help"? I'm recently back into the tech writing game, but this is a new term for me.

Basically, my developers are using the term to describe the explanatory text that appears with each feature of the software. I'm used to calling this "online help", though that's not exactly what it is either.

Any thoughts?

For starters, you might take a look at the article
on the TECHWR-L site called, "Embedded Help: Background
and Applications for Technical Communicators":
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/magazine/technical/embeddedhelp.html

Also, you might find the latest issue of
_Technical Communication_ useful, as it features
several articles on embedded help:
http://www.techcomm-online.com/

Good luck!
Deborah
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/
Eric -- Listowner Deborah -- Webmaster/Editor

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com