RE: Requirements analysis

Subject: RE: Requirements analysis
From: "Diane Boos" <dboos -at- drizzle -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:56:04 -0800

Beena,
Several years ago I was part of a VB software development team at Boeing.
The original project was canceled by the end users. The team had 2-weeks to
drive out the requirements for a new project. I was an active participant in
the process.

I have two points to my observations:
#1 It was a real eye-opener. The methods that were used to arrive a
decisions increased my understanding about why the software was designed the
way it was. The insights I gained has helped me on other assignments.

#2 My participation in the effort caused the developers and system analyst
to appreciate documentation and the end users position much more. I
approached the problem from a totally different perspective that was not
present on the team without my participation. The System Analyst told me
later that caused him to think out of the box. Something to think about.
Diane

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com