RE: Technical Writing

Subject: RE: Technical Writing
From: "I. Ljaljicic" <isljam -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:01:43 -0800 (PST)

i like to teach, i like things technical and i
adore writing (and feel that im good at it). For me it
seems like a logical choice. It was only a matter of
being exposed to the idea of being a technical writer
and that has happened this semester. Im taking a
course in technical writing this semester as a
requirement for my engineering curriculum and I like
what ive seen so far though none of it has been on
instructional materials(yet).
i am looking forwards to the last project we are
to do for the semester, an 8-10 page instructions
manual. the philosophy minor was something i wanted to
do before i got the idea to be a technical writer
because i really want to write a book of my ideas
sometime in the future.
I find it extremely interesting that it doesnt
matter what you studied in college as long as you
studied something and finished. this is because it is
the opposite of what i felt to be true. i always
thought that an anthropology major was actually going
to go out and be an anthropologist when they graduated
or that a psychology major was actually going to go
into the field of psychiatry when they get out.
i suppose that graduate work is what people do
when they want to get into their specific fields. this
seems logical when i think about it because it did
seem that the stuff that my upperclassmen were doing
was still a bit diluted.
"never let anyone influence your opinions with
their opinions, the only way people should influence
you is with information that they share that changes
the circumstances of the situation. Take everything
into account and let your instincts decide when your
mind cannot and success will be yours" - Isljam
Ljaljicic II

http://platinum.yahoo.com

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com