Type while riding (was RE: Reading the Digest)

Subject: Type while riding (was RE: Reading the Digest)
From: "Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting" <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:38:48 -0500

At 7:32 AM -0800 3/25/03, CB Casper wrote:

Many years ago someone had a recumbent bike fitted with custom fingertip keys, much like a court stenographer, so he could type while riding, and still maintain control. He added a trailer that contained the computer gear, along with a satellite gizmo so he could upload & download the articles he was writing. He rode around he US, and I can't recall what ended up happening.

Steven K. Roberts
His computer-enhanced recumbent bicycle is BEHEMOTH.
He retired the bike, except for guest appearances at conferences and trade shows, and founded Nomadic Research Laboratory. He provided software to at least one recent Americas Cup winner, and his current project, last I heard, was Microship---a canoe-scale pedal/solar/sail microtrimaran that includes a graphic browser-based interface to embedded control and data collection systems, along with wireless links to manpacks, and a fully integrated suite of navigation and weather tools.

For details, see
http://www.microship.com/

--
Kat Nagel, vicarious technological adventurer
(I love watching other peoples' creativity and hard work.)

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com