3D CAD software for dummies/cheapskates?

Subject: 3D CAD software for dummies/cheapskates?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:48:44 -0700

I need to do a one-off graphics project that would be most effectively
presented as a 3D rendering. I'm good with graphics, so I figure I can
suss out a CAD application pretty quickly, as long as it's fairly
user-friendly. Anybody have any recommendations?

I bought one of those $10 no-name CAD CDs at Office Max yesterday, but
it's DOS-based and klunky. I notice that old versions of TurboCad are
floating around eBay for under 20 bucks. And I can't find the "Expert"
software that used to be all over the shelves of Office Depot - I've
actually had fairly good luck with some of their software.

I'm looking for low price and shallow learning curve. Anybody have any
insights? This is not a work for hire (in other words, I did not BS
somebody into hiring me to do 3D work), but I do need to get this off my
plate quickly. Is the old TurboCad (v. 7, I think) my best bet?

Polydimensional thanks in advance!

Keith Cronin

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com