RE: INDUSTRY COMPETITIONS

Subject: RE: INDUSTRY COMPETITIONS
From: "Beth Agnew" <Beth -dot- Agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 15:52:32 -0800

The STC competitions have lists of criteria that you can review ahead of
time to determine how closely your publication might meet the judging
standards. I have found that publications which match the "formula" do very
well. However, something innovative or off the wall is far less likely to be
successful in competition, no matter how effective it is, because it doesn't
fit the criteria.

The quality of judging is always a concern. A few years ago, a judge told me
that she really enjoyed judging the multimedia stuff because she didn't know
much about multimedia and consequently learned a great deal. Uh-huh.