RE: Contract Work! How is the Market Really??? I really need som e opinions

Subject: RE: Contract Work! How is the Market Really??? I really need som e opinions
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:50:47 -0500

Envvy...the job market is as good or bad as it is for you. Think of the
elephant to the 3 blind men. To some, they can get a job on demand, to
others, they can't get a job to save their lives (figurately speaking).
Factors include skills, location, economics, etc. If I was to say that in
my area, for what I do, it's great, would that mean that for you, where you
are, for what you do, it is also great?

You need to ask yourself hard questions and pick an answer that satisfies
you in a way that if you make the decision and get dumped, you don't kick
yourself, and at the same time, if you don't and hear that the person who
did makes CEO, you also don't kick yourself. If we tell you it's great, and
you change, then get dumped, are we going to pay your rent for you?

That's like me asking the list "I have a great girlfriend. I have the
opportunity to get a better one. Should I dump the one I have?"

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
Although she lives with seven other men, she's not easy.
------ Magic Mirror