Re: Contract Work! How is the Market Really??? I really need some opinions

Subject: Re: Contract Work! How is the Market Really??? I really need some opinions
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 11:22:59 -0800

envvy harris wrote:

Hi ,
I have an opportunity to take a contract position with
a stable company. I am currently a fulltime employee
at a lawfirm. I have been out of the TW field for only
a year... Had to find a job! Anyone have any thoughts
on leaving a fulltime job for a contract position with
serious potential?

That depends on you.

Do you like variety? Taking responsibility? Do you like networking and meeting people to generate business? If so, then you'll get along fine with contracting.

Or are you the sort of person who prefers just to write or to have a quieter life? If so, then you should stay with your full-time position.

Neither path is better in itself - just better for different people, or for different stages of your life.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"Here's to you, whoever you may be,
You who held me up while I was sinking in the sea,
If you were in Kiltartan, and me in Katmandu,
I still would not forget you, and I'd do the same for you."
- OysterBand

Purchase RoboHelp X3 in April and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com