RE: Why? Here's Why!

Subject: RE: Why? Here's Why!
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 06:54:42 -0800 (PST)

I raise a glass to Bill's can-do approach!

I would add that it's not all roses everywhere. Nor is
it all . . . uuuum . . . really wilted daisies. <vbg>

Some employers do, some don't. Some bosses do, some
don't. Some tech writers can change things, some
can't.

Cheers,

Sean

--- Bill Swallow <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com> wrote:

> OK, I think you're wrong. ;) It is what you make it
> to be. You can allow
> the workplace to define you as a pigeonholed
> wordsmith with little value
> to the company other than a thought-to-text
> translator for developers,
> or you can take control of your role and make it
> what you want. I work
> within a group who, for years, was not interactive
> with the rest of
> engineering. Within the past 9 months we have broken
> many of these
> barriers down and not only have better working and
> personal
> relationships with the rest of the company, but
> actually have created
> some very cool opportunities (direct access to GUI
> strings for UI
> improvements, direct influence over the spec writing
> process, direct
> influence into new company-wide project management
> systems and bug
> reporting systems, and more).

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com