Re: Responsibility, blame, managers, and getting the job done

Subject: Re: Responsibility, blame, managers, and getting the job done
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 11:06:25 -0400

From: "Amy Smith/Westford/IBM" <amy_smith -at- us -dot- ibm -dot- com>

D.'s job is not to get me a perfect feature
> spec. His job is to make sure I have a good test machine on which I can
> run the daily builds to verify what's been spec'd.

Yup. This is exactly what I'm talking about, Amy.

> Besides, being the absolute control freak that I am, I vastly prefer this
> to relying on someone else to funnel/channel/provide me information. How
> can I trust that?

I agree entirely with you. I wasn't talking about funneling information,
though. Just making it "policy" that developers and writers need to spend time
together.

Perhaps my "list of essentials" in my fantasy dialogue should have been
fleshed out. They would include:

- Availability of hardware and software for me to use

- Availability of developers

I'm just saying that the second of these should be "policy" and not left up to
the writer's native "hunting skills".

Bonnie Granat
Granat Editorial Services
http://www.editors-writers.info