Adobe Catalog / Acrobat Search Problem

Subject: Adobe Catalog / Acrobat Search Problem
From: "Mark Osborne" <MOsborne -at- bna -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:45:22 -0400

I've run into a strange problem with using Acrobat 5.0's
Search tool: I'm getting erratic highlights on words that I
am not searching on. These highlighted words are usually in
the same line of text as the desired word. For example, if I
search on the text string "document", the tool would
highlight the word "the" in the text string "the document".
In those cases, the actual word "document" would be not be
highlighted. Someone else is creating the .pdx file for me
since I do not have Acrobat 5.0, just Acrobat Reader. I'm
running Reader on Solaris. Has anyone ever run across this
problem? The archives had some discussion of PDXs and
Catalog in general but I couldn't find anything on this
specific problem.

Thanks,

Mark Osborne,
Sr. Technical Writer