RE: Importance of professional relationships

Subject: RE: Importance of professional relationships
From: "Bulloch, Scott" <scott -dot- bulloch -at- sap -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 20:18:43 +0200

I look at the argument this way. You do the best you can with the tools you have at hand. Go ahead and make the request for updated or better tools, but if the request is turned down, do the best you can with what you've got.

Maybe that means you use a subpar tool for longer than you would like. However, if you demonstrate that you can do a great job with the tools at hand, the powers-that-be are more likely to listen to you and value your input and opinion the next time you request the tools you really want to use.

Scott