RE: Hostility towards STC

Subject: RE: Hostility towards STC
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:53:54 -0400

STC could have done so much more to further the professional technical
writer, resulting in less unemployment, higher wages, and greater
professional respect by those outside of the field, instead of just being a
mediocre dues collection engine with little return to those who are the
foundation of this field. It seems to me that if not being a member of the
professional organization does nothing to hinder your advancement in the
field, they are pretty much superfluous and impotent.

I was a member. I was a chapter officer. I'm no worse off now that I'm not.

Shoot...even garage mechanics have a better professional organization (ASE)
behind them.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
Although she lives with seven other men, she's not easy.
------ Magic Mirror