Re: Certification is absurd

Subject: Re: Certification is absurd
From: "Karen L. Zorn" <klzorn -at- zorntech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:09:57 -0700

> One answer that I think most will agree with is that I'm an idiot. Ok,
fair
> enough, I might agree. OTOH, maybe because I've gained a certain amount of
> skill in learning how to learn, how to manage a project (the details of
the
> project are usually immaterial), and how to analyze a process. These are
> skills that span types of writing.

John's point above is probably one of the most important aspects of TW.
Tools can be easily learned, especially after you have X number under your
belt. But the ability to dance, quickly or slowly, to any tune and the
ability to prove you can do it (resume) to a potential employer can be much
more important than the technologies you know. It's worked for John, myself,
and many other TWs on this list for years.

Hmm, maybe we need certification on learning <G>.

Karen L. Zorn
Zorn Technologies, Inc.
Mesa, AZ

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l/