RE: Book? Or books?

Subject: RE: Book? Or books?
From: MList -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:41:15 -0400

"Here's the User Guide, with everything in it, but here
are also several of the chapters, separated out, with
frontmatter (title pages, boiler-plate, ToCs, etc.) added,
and each with its own Bill of Materials number that must be
tracked, and each with the same content (if the techwriter
did his job) as the chapters, but needing to be separately
reviewed by our PV/QC people, and the extra costs passed on
to you, and together they make a jumble of files on the CD,
so we had to create a map to help you navigate them all, and
the extra cost passed on to you"...? Like that, you mean?

<gdrh>

/kevin

> Hi,
> Have you considered doing both? Since the company doesn't
> print them, why
> not provide your customers the choice of picking and choosing amid the
> series of small PDFs and that "honkin' big single" PDF?
>
> That's what I was in the process of doing (with about 25
> small guides) where
> i'd worked, until we had a layoff 3 weeks ago.

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com