RE: What Would You Do with a Writer Who Can't Write?

Subject: RE: What Would You Do with a Writer Who Can't Write?
From: Tammy VanBoening <Tammy -dot- VanBoening -at- netRegulus -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:35:05 -0600

I will quote Sharon and many others on this this - Document what you can, do
your job and just make sure your work is yours and his is his. Eventually,
your work should speak for itself as should his.

Like many others on this list, I have been and am currently in a similar
situation. (Example of the other "writer's" work - This information will be
excluded from inclusion on the report" - I kid you not), and I know from
feeling out my boss (who is has no background in TW and is an overworked
Marketing Director), that I will be seen as the "bad guy" and the other
"writer" as being "harassed" if I pursue this matter any further.

I know it presents a major obstacle/challenge for you to come to work
everyday, but just try chanting "it's only a job, it's only a job", be
thankful that you at least have one today (I can't tell you the no. of my
true TW friends that are languishing in the basement of unemployment) and
when and if you can, move on to a better environment.

Hang in there,

Tammy Van Boening
Senior Technical Writer
NetRegulus, Inc.
303-925-7721 (Direct)
303-925-7700 (Main)
303-662-9320 (Fax)
tammy -dot- vanboening -at- netregulus -dot- com
www.netregulus.com
Keep smiling - at least until you get your own way.

>> I'm not sure how or if I should go to management--is it a contractor's

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com