RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other thread s)

Subject: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other thread s)
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:27:11 -0700

| From: John Posada

| I think many on the list have seen the 40 hr week taken too
| literal also.
| How may see peers walk out at 5:00:01 pm in the middle of a deadline.
|
| Pisses you off, doesn't it?

Not necessarily.

Different people have different values.

Some work to live, rather than live to work.

Time on the job is just the sacrifice that has to be made to fund the real life.

It was mentioned earlier that if you can't get your job done in 40 hours, either you or your manager is incompetent.

Why should I get all wrapped around the axle if someone else doesn't share my values?

If I am staying late, I like it when the "non-essential personnel" leave. It makes for a quieter workplace that is more conducive to productive thinking and writing.

John

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com