Re: Hanukkah came early this year

Subject: Re: Hanukkah came early this year
From: "Jeff Hanvey" <jewahe -at- lycos -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:17:02 -0400

Get the fastest processor you can get, and the most RAM you can get....

For RAM, I'd say no less than 256K, but you really should get upwards of 512
or more, especially if you're going to have DreamWeaver, which is a resource
hog.

The only other suggestion I'd make is to ensure that the video card is *not*
on the motherboard. This will ensure that all your system RAM is used for
system processes, not for rendering video.

Any modern video card will work, and they all have about the same
capabilities. The performance of the card will pretty much be limited by the
monitor, so I wouldn't strive for anything beyond what the monitor can
handle. But do make sure it has it's own RAM (I'd go with at least 64 on the
card).

Jeff Hanvey
Augusta, GA
jewahe -at- lycos -dot- co -dot- uk