RE: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th reads)

Subject: RE: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th reads)
From: "GeneK" <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 01 May 2003 12:49:29 PDT

I only know of a few companies that do this as a normal
business practice, and they're locally famous as wierd.
The more usual thing that happens is that the manager gets
the word from above, "I don't care how good you say your
people are, you've got 10 heads, cut 2 of them, if you
don't pick them we will." At that point, you look at your
people from the perspective of who are the ones you can
least afford to lose.

Gene Kim-Eng