RE: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th read s)

Subject: RE: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th read s)
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 09:31:35 -0400

>Again, this can be a good and a bad thing. There
>are SOME people who just put in the required 40
>hours and go home that may have very valid reasons
>for doing so. A single parent, for example. Just
>because a person works with/for others doesn't mean
that those others know enough details about that

oh, man...am I got get it, but here goes...

It is a very competitive landscape out there. There are sometimes situations
where no reason is acceptable in the eyes of those who make the evaluations
on what is a good reason or not. There are just some fields that have
requirements for occasional extra effort and some fields where a horn blows
at 8:15am (you start) and it blows at 5:00pm (you stop).

There are millions of white collar workers who know that either they make
concessions to remain on the fast track in their chosen field, or they must
be satisfied with payment/recognition on a scale less than those who do make
them. If they want to be on a fast track without those concessions, they
must find a professions that allows it.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com