Re: Correct terminology?

Subject: Re: Correct terminology?
From: "Rick Bishop" <BishopR -at- jcdc -dot- jobcorps -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 17:57:55 -0500

a dialog box (or window) is one which has information and allows input from the user.
a box that does not allow input is a message window.
Rick
>>> Tammy VanBoening <Tammy -dot- VanBoening -at- netRegulus -dot- com> 05/02/03 03:35PM >>>

All,

I am currently documenting one of our web-based applications. On several of
the pages in the application, the user can click on an icon next to a field
on a page to open a (pop-up window, dialog box, list) from which to make a
selection. When the user makes a selection in this (pop-up window, dialog
box, list) and then clicks Select (Select appears as a button in this pop-up
window, dialog box, list), the (pop-up window, dialog box, list) closes, and
the user returns to the page in the browser. The field is populated with
the user's selection.

This is my question - in a windows environment, when a user clicks on an
icon/button, I have no problem referring to the object that opens as a
dialog box. In a browser environment, however, I am debating. . .

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com