RE: RE: How Many Trees? (WAS: URGENT: Immediate ethical issue)

Subject: RE: RE: How Many Trees? (WAS: URGENT: Immediate ethical issue)
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 09:55:59 -0400

Steve seems here to be confusing his opinion of the way the law ought to work with the fact of the way it works. The only connection to technical writing I can see is that we, as technical writers, ought to be clear on the difference between fact and opinion. However, I can see how working as a contractor for the US military could make logical thought processes difficult to maintain for all but the strongest among us.

"Gillespie, Stephen (Contractor)"<Stephen -dot- Gillespie -at- Persnet -dot- Navy -dot- Mil> wrote:

>Wow, Gene, maybe we need to consult a lawyer because that's a really strange
>way of looking at it - are not the results of independent research and their
>published expression the same as if I wrote the Great American Novel? -
>meaning, both would be MY copyrightable property?

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com