RE: RE: How Many Trees? (WAS: URGENT: Immediate ethical issue)

Subject: RE: RE: How Many Trees? (WAS: URGENT: Immediate ethical issue)
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 09:30:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 6 May 2003 08:10:43 -0500 , "Gillespie, Stephen
(Contractor)" wrote:

> I'm not a lawyer, either, Kim (coulda been one, but
not
> quite sorry enough
> ;-)
> But to the point I was trying to make (and this for
> your fellow Canuck, Mark
> Barker as well), there's a big diff between my written
> expression of the
> research on 'how many trees' and a hockey game score
> from reading the
> newspaper box scores. The former information, I OWN -
> the inherent
> creativity you have referred to is that I did the
> research, I *created* the
> information (vs. getting it second-hand).

You created nothing except the manner of expression.

Haven't you ever noticed what a huge deal it is when
scientific discoveries are published? It's the green
light for anyone and everyone to use the information
within the paper.

Bonnie Granat

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com