RE: what to look for in a Tech Editor

Subject: RE: what to look for in a Tech Editor
From: Lyn Worthen <Lyn -dot- Worthen -at- caselle -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 12:40:09 -0600

Janice -

I see (and actually have seen, from both the managerial & co-worker sides)
your point.

While I've been asked about my fiction career in interviews, I've been
fortunate to have a very good track record on the technical side to put on
the table as well. For me, the technical vs creative hasn't been an issue -
but I tend to look at it as part of "knowing my audience and how to approach
them," regardless of what I'm writing. It helps me keep my options open, and
maximize my overall marketability.