RE: Fear and Loathing at the Job Site

Subject: RE: Fear and Loathing at the Job Site
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 14:32:16 -0700

Actually, in many industries, tech writers can kill people. Bad evacuation
procedures, bad usage instructions on medical devices, poor consumer product
instructions, aviation P and Ps, these can all kill people.

My company rarely takes these projects on, simply because they scare me. We
typically do software, because it is much less likely we will kill someone.
I could not live with my self if we forgot something and someone died.

And personally? I agree with Andrew about fools. I have worked for them and
I felt myself die a little more each day I was there. But then, that is part
of why I am self employed.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting