RE: Fear and Loathing at the Job Site

Subject: RE: Fear and Loathing at the Job Site
From: DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 07:04:19 -0600

Sharon brightened 05/06/03 with:
<snip>
> Actually, in many industries, tech writers can kill people. Bad evacuation
> procedures, bad usage instructions on medical devices, poor consumer product
> instructions, aviation P and Ps, these can all kill people.
</snip>

What a coincidence! My company makes medical devices, so I know something about FDA supervision of medical device labeling. The system is *far* from perfect (and I'm sure we all have stories to prove it), but there are more opportunities to stop an incompetent writer documenting medical devices than there are to stop an incompetent driver of an 18-wheeler.

Of course, it's _possible_ for a tech writer to kill someone with incompetence. But I still think that doctors, truck drivers, and day care workers have a better chance.

<snip>
> And personally? I agree with Andrew about fools.
</snip>

Even the part about the hot dogs?

Dan Goldstein

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com