Help with Documentation

Subject: Help with Documentation
From: "Karen Cromwell" <KarenCromwell -at- satx -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:59:22 -0500

Need help fast!
I am a technical writer/editor for a project. I know content
and writing. I have been providing edits to web sites for the client for 4
months. I have now been asked to document all changes to the sites: when,
where, what for legal defensibility. I am in no way a techie (no offense
intended, I'm just not; I am not computer-phobic in any way; this has just
never been my job). I need some information on methods of documenting web
site changes other than the Excel spreadsheet I'm using as an interim
method. SourcSafe (Visual SourcSafe) has been suggested. Can someone direct
me to a good (free) source for information about this software? And others
available for accomplishing the documentation of changes to web sites?

Thanks.

Karen (boy am I lost) Cromwell

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com