RE: SQL2000 Data Dictionary

Subject: RE: SQL2000 Data Dictionary
From: dthomps -at- foundationsoft -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 10:05:42 -0400

I'm with Andrew on this one. There's no standard format that I know of. I
will add, however, that we're using SQL 7, and we purchased a very cheap
little utility to export all of the information into a Word file. It places
the information for each DB table in a Word table. All I do is apply some
styles, and throw it into our standard template. All in all it takes about
an hour to do ... and that's for a huge DB.

If you're not using SQL 2000 and you're interested in this tool, John, let
me know and I'll get you some info. I can also send you a sample page or
two.

Dannette Thompson
Senior Technical Writer
dthompson -at- foundationsoft -dot- com <mailto:dthomps -at- foundationsoft -dot- com>

Foundation Software, Inc. <http://www.foundationsoft.com>
800-246-0800 ext. 213
The #1 Accounting Software for Labor-Intensive Contractors