RE: Fear and Loathing at the Job Site

Subject: RE: Fear and Loathing at the Job Site
From: Maggie Pierce Secara <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 10:59:20 -0700 (PDT)

I agree! And I really do think that anyone hired to
write should be paid more than someone hired to flip
burgers or cut fabric yardage. Unless the only
difference between those jobs and ours is that we get
to sit down all day and get up with clean hands.

How on earth is what we do "not a profession"?

Maggie Secara

--- John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com> wrote:

> And if we all got together and said, Technical
> Writing isn't a job title,
> but a profession, think we might be looked at
> differently?
>
> When I hear someone say Technical Writing isn't a
> profession, I think "we'll
> you must not be doing it right."

=====
Maggie Secara

Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

http://search.yahoo.com

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com