Re: Fear and Loathing, Part 2

Subject: Re: Fear and Loathing, Part 2
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 04:28:26 -0700 (PDT)

> So now I'm off to eBay, to pick up an off-lease
> Dell. For which I will
> have to eat the cost. Which I don't mind; after all
> I am a consultant;
> but it's just one more insight into the mind of a
> manager.

Let's not generalize about the mindset of a manager.
Some aren't worth their weight in chopped liver. Some
really do get things done. Sometimes even the
proactive ones are restrained by things such as
budgets, higher management decisions, and time.

> And if their admins notice my unapproved PC
> connected to their network,
> it's entirely possible I could even get in trouble.
> But at least I'll
> have a nice install guide in my portfolio...

Provided you can use that install guide per agreement
with your client. Not having agreement to use the
guide could get you in even deeper trouble. After all,
you're doing the work for them. Even though it's your
work, it's their intellectual property, and they
reserve the right to not allow you to use it in your portfolio.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

http://search.yahoo.com

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com