link checking capability

Subject: link checking capability
From: "Mike Walker" <tkgauthor -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 07:56:27 -0500

Greetings everyone.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

I am looking for options. We have a website that is 30GB in size. We are unable to reformat any of the content into any other format but we need a program capable of link checking. When we tried using Adobe GoLive 5.0 on a Windows NT platform with 512MB RAM, the site built ok (after optimizing the hard drive and added 2GB to the swap file, for a total of 4GB) but when we went back to open the GoLive site again, the program crashes. This occurs when we are trying open just a piece of the website (its divided by month and the GoLive site file is 165MB in size) This occurs on all of our machines.

So, if we can't convert the site to another program nor do we have the resources to rebuild all the WWP projects again, what options do we have?

Thank you,

M. Walker

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.
FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com