Re: Creating HTML Pages

Subject: Re: Creating HTML Pages
From: "Prabhat N R" <prabhatr -at- aztec -dot- soft -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 07:18:05 -0600

<snip>
We are toying with the idea of using Word as the HTML editor.
</snip>

Not a bad idea at all, given the constraints!

You can create a template in Word and circulate it among the users. Once
you have the completed docs, you can save them as HTMLs.

<snip>
Is there any way to apply a style sheet to a html page created using a
Word template?
</snip>

I don't see the need for a CSS. If you save a Word doc as an HTML file and
open it with Notepad, you'll observe that all the styles in the doc are
converted and stored as "Classes" in the HTML. A Class in a CSS or an HTML
is tantamount to a Style in Word. This'll (in my opinion) ensure that your
Word styles remain intact in the HTMLs.

<snip>
Would we be asking for trouble by implementing such a system?
</snip>

I don't think so. I'm maintaining a repository of resumes, which were
initially created in Word and later converted to HTML. The Word template
had headings, styles, and tables, which have been retained "as is" in
HTML.

It worked just fine for me and that's the reason I'm advocating this to
you!

HTH,
Prabhat

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com