Re: Tutorial With Video Capture

Subject: Re: Tutorial With Video Capture
From: "Rick Bishop" <BishopR -at- jcdc -dot- jobcorps -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 09:33:32 -0500

Flash is the correct tool (kind of).
I haven't found anything better at this than Robo -Demo. We have numerous "Movies" on-line. A 6 minute flash movie will run over even the slowest dial-up and comes in at under 100k per minute for 800x600 software demos. You can add voice, but it really pumps up the file size. (around 20k per sec)
Rick

>>> <john -at- johngardiner -dot- com> 05/08/03 08:00PM >>>

I've been charged with creating a Flash-based tutorial that will include
some video capture of events onscreen (application window, cursor moves,
menu opens, etc.). Essentially what I want is something like this:

When I create an AVI or other video capure file, it is huge (~1MB) and
makes the resulting Flash SWF file enormous.

Any suggestions on how to tackle this task/problem? It has been slow going
so far. I wonder if Flash is even the correct tool for this.

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com