RE: Including third-party Linux documentation?

Subject: RE: Including third-party Linux documentation?
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 16:25:19 -0400

>I'm working on a new SysAdmin guide for users who will be Linux experts.

1) But they're not Linux experts now?

if that is the case, you cannot expect them to be savvy.

2) When the guide is done, it is for users who are already Linux savvy

if that is the case, don't include too much. However...I'm not a Linux
master, but isn't there slight differences in different Linux flavors? Maybe
syntax differences? Is your documentation for an audience where you know
what flavor? If not, maybe include items where a Linux flavor would have an
impact.