RE: Somewhat OT: Tech Writers vs. other writers

Subject: RE: Somewhat OT: Tech Writers vs. other writers
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- pixelink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 13:33:19 -0400

Goober Writer wrote:

> Speaking of muses, is mine the only one who looks like
> BudMan? *LOL*

I picked up my muse in engineering school. He acts like Richard Feynman,
sounds like Gilbert Gottfried, and looks like a pay stub.

He's motivated to find out how things work, he has an interest in artistic
endeavours as a means of self-expression but not as a means of
self-sufficiency (while respecting career-track artistic skills in others),
he occasionally fires off a snappy one-liner good enough to make a few
people notice, and he has a voice that would peel glass.

The Muse has a twin brother named Murphy, whose career aspersion is to
design surfboards, sing classic rock, and appear regularly on Monster
Garage. He often drops in to the office at lunch time and sometime crashes
out in my living room, which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't look exactly
like The Muse (except that the balance on Murphy's pay stub is $0.00).
Fortunately, Murphy's ideas are just weird enough that his cover is usually
blown right away. Regardless, The Muse typically shows up before anything
strange can get underway, and he *always* gives Murphy a good talking-to.
Then they laugh about the whole thing and sack out in front of the TV with
whatever munchies they can McGyver from the various and sundry leftovers in
my fridge.

Murphy thinks in cartoon panels.

They have a sister nicknamed "Peach." Short skirt, long jacket type. She
occasionally drops by with a tasteful gift basket. I'm not sure if she
brings it out of affection or sympathy.

(What did you expect? The ghost of Dorothy Parker was already taken by the
time I got to the front of the line, and Daria hadn't been born yet.)

Cheers ... Kim

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com