Re: re Basing Word Styles on Normal or Body Text?

Subject: Re: re Basing Word Styles on Normal or Body Text?
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 15:00:32 +0200

> It doesn't matter what the styles are *named*--you're still
> gonna have to get the definitions to the other office

The idea is that if the styles are contained in the document,
and they do not depend on any template, and their names are not
likely to turn up coincidentally in anybody else's template,
then their definitions shouldn't change when anybody else,
in any office, opens the file up. No definitions necessary
from outside the file.

You've still got to get the fonts to the other office, or
embed them in the file... and the print driver at the other
office should preferably support the page size...

Hey, is this why they invented PDF?

Mark L. Levinson - Herzliya, Israel - nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il
"I don't like these modern day disasters what consists of ten
years of worry an' ten seconds of boom an' wango!" - Churchy

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com