RE: NUMPAGES field not working in Word

Subject: RE: NUMPAGES field not working in Word
From: DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 07:54:11 -0600

Kim brightened 5/16/03 with:
> You are correct, sir. For the moment, I am blissfully ignorant of Office XP
> (Office 2002) except for what I read in the Woody's Watches
> (http://www.woodyswatch.com/), and I recommend those highly for anyone
> working with Windows or Office.

"Blissfully" is an understatement. I had to work with Office XP in my previous job, and I am *so* happy to be back with Office 2000. Office XP seems to have been designed for people who (a) prefer mice to keyboards, and (b) prefer that Word does even *more* things automatically, without asking the user's permission first. I don't know a lot of tech writers who fit into these categories.

Dan Goldstein

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com