RE: Automating docs compilation in the software build process

Subject: RE: Automating docs compilation in the software build process
From: "Carly Martin" <carly1957_lists -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:35:34 -0600

Hi David,

Could you post a summary of your responses if you get private ones? I'd be
interested in a solution to this, too.

The only thing we did here was have a batch file that looked for PDF files
by name and copied them to the correct place in the directory hierarchy. I
always resisted making PDF files automatically because I wanted to be sure
there was a manual QA of the documents before they were shipped. Everyone
here can check out and edit a file at will and they usually need edits
before they are shipped. With an automated PDF creation process, an
unedited file could be shipped out.