Reminder: Be Careful what you post

Subject: Reminder: Be Careful what you post
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:37:41 -0700 (PDT)

"Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com> wrote

> What you CANNOT do is NOT tell them that the scope has changed and then bill
> them later for the changes. I am being sued right now by a subcontractor who
> is in that situation. I say the scope did not change, She says it did, but
> she never mentioned the change. At any time. She just did the work - that I
> say was in scope and I can document it was in scope - and then sent me a
> bill for additional work after the project was complete and delivered. She
> will lose but I have to assemble a case book, dress in a suit, and spend the
> day in court.

I've pointed this out before, to other (former) TECHWR-L members. You would be
wise to keep discussions of your legal problems OFF public forums like
were discussing the details of our case in a public forum.

I say this not as a slap to Sharon, but a reminer to the group. Be careful what
you post. Its easy for people to derive meanings from posts. Meanings that were
never intended.

Andrew Plato

http://search.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.