Native Lotus Notes help files

Subject: Native Lotus Notes help files
From: jenny_berger -at- fairfieldresidential -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 09:17:24 -0600

I'm creating a help database in Lotus Notes (for an in-house Notes app,
natch) and would like some input from other list members who have some
experience with the Notes environment. This is the first job I've had
where Notes reigns supreme, so I'm having fun learning as much as I can
while I work.

I've got a help database started -- creating topics, linking topics and
plugging in content and images is easy-peasy stuff. What I'd like more
input on is how necessary Domino Designer is to creating a usable Notes
help database (I only have access to the regular Notes client, not
Designer). I'm not interested in getting too fancy with this, but I'm
finding it difficult to do something as "basic" as create a secondary
window or use a pop-window to display a small image and some text. Is this
even possible in a Notes help database? Is it even necessary? Part of me
is wondering if I'm expecting too much here, as I'm approaching this with
my previous WinHelp and MS HTMLHelp experience.

Anyway, if anyone would like to share their experiences with Notes help
databases, pass on any tips or gotta-have resources, I would really,
really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jenny Berger
Technical Writer