Subject: Re: Dynamic Help

Subject: Subject: Re: Dynamic Help
From: Paul Hanson <PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 08:20:51 -0500

Brian is right. The Annotate functionality is present. I don't remember off
the top of my head whether the ANN file to .hlp file link is broken when you
put a new version of the .hlp file on the PC. <I'm thinking it does, but I
don't remember for sure -- I could be wrong.>

What has worked for *my* users is to add a link to a Word doc that the user
can write whatever company-specific information needs to be written and
insert screen shots. My destination Word doc is called PROC.DOC. I used a CB
macro to create a Customized Help button on my button bar so that the users
can access it quickly. Before I settled on Word, I did consider Notepad.
However, I chose Word because the user can insert screen captures.

I hope that helps....

Paul Hanson
phanson -at- quintrex -dot- com
Technical Writer
RoboHelp MVP - http://www.helpcommunity.ehelp.com/robohelp/mvp/who.shtm
Quintrex Documentation Team
Quintrex Data Systems
http://www.quintrex.com
Comments re: Quintrex Documentation? Use documentation -at- quintrex -dot- com to
provide feedback!
Those that say it can't be done should move out of the way of those that are
doing it.

From: "Brian Das" <brian_das -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 16:30:21 -0400

<snip>

On the client machine, the user can right-click a topic and select Annotate,
or select Annotate from the Edit menu. The Annotate dialog opens, the the
user types a note.

The annotate() macro creates a special annotations file based on the name of
the Help file annotated and gives the file the *.ANN extension. It stores
all *.ANN files in the \Windows\Help folder.

Cheers,
Brian

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com