RE: Title Help -- audience???????

Subject: RE: Title Help -- audience???????
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 18:15:00 -0400

> > "Coding to Functional Specifications" as opposed to "coding to
> > make-it-up-as-you-go-along"...what a concept!
>
> I try not to be too critical of the
> "make-it-up-as-you-go-along" types. I still remember my (very
> distant) college days, when I'd write the paper first and,
> after it was finished, create the required outline. :-}

The problem is that you weren't creating something that when a button was
pressed, a specific value was supposed to come out the other end and you
didn't have 10 other college students who were expecting to see specific
values at specific points.

I have no problem with seat-of-the-pants developing when the environment is
such that a developer gets to create the whole application. However, in the
environment that most of us work in, the little piece of application that
developer A creates must fit into a slot in the application that developer B
is working on.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream
of things that never were, and ask why not?"
-----Robert Francis Kennedy, 1968 presidential campaign

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com