RE: Technical Writer metrics

Subject: RE: Technical Writer metrics
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- pixelink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 19:01:48 -0400

Patty Hair asked:

> How is your workload measured?

In "arghs" :>

Seriously though, I think I really lucked out here. And the stuff I do
covers such a wide variety of deliverables that I don't think it would be
possible to set a realistic benchmark.

I have heard tale of TW workload being measured in pages per day, with the
garden-variety TW clocking in a two pages or so per day, fully edited
(junior TW at 1 to 2 pages per day, senior TW at 3 pages or so). Sorry, I
don't recall the source.

Of course, that all goes out the window as soon as you factor in web content
and development, marcomm or image work.

Cheers ... Kim
kim.roper at pixelink.com
http://www.pixelink.com/