Re: What to look for in a technical editor

Subject: Re: What to look for in a technical editor
From: "Brian Das" <brian_das -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:43:28 -0400

> I've repeatedly pointed out, much to the deep chagrin on the font-fondler
> community, that some of the most influential documents in human history
> contained virtually no formatting, are cumbersome to read, and break just
about
> every STC-seminar rule you've ever heard. Read some of the RFCs for the
> Internet. Or better yet, read some religious texts. Here are documents
that
> break every possible tech writing rule, yet they have had a more profound
> impact on human history than any single-sourced help system you, I, or
anybody
> on TECHWR-L has every developed.
>
> How can that be? According to your line of thinking, only through
extensive,
> specialized editing from somebody who has no idea what the material is
about,
> can a document possibly be considered "quality."

Ok I'm confused. Is this what you're saying?
Dim Greatworks as recordset, MyDocument as object

SELECT Greatworks FROM History WHERE type = Bible OR type = RFC

Do while not Greatworks.eof
If (Cumbersome(Greatworks(0)) = TRUE and Cumbersome(MyDocument)) = TRUE then
MyDocument.MightBeGreatwork = TRUE
End If
Greatworks.movenext
Loop