Re: Word 2002 + Watermarks + strange page numbering

Subject: Re: Word 2002 + Watermarks + strange page numbering
From: Maggie Pierce Secara <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 09:56:25 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know about Word 2002, but aren't watermarks
*supposed* to go in the header? I mean, I suppose
either header or footer would do, but I seem to
remember the instructions (long long ago) saying to
use the header. Is there some reason why your
colleague can't do that? That would seem to be the
fix.

Maggie Secara

--- Babbling Annie <babblingannie -at- yahoo -dot- co -dot- uk> wrote:

> A colleague has been using Word 2002 on XP, and has
> found that whenever she inserts a watermark in a
> footer, all the page numbers revert to 0. She knows
> that it's the watermark that does it, because she
> watches the numbers change as she pastes it in. They
> won't update, nor will they print with the correct
> numbers.
>
> I'm more familiar with Word 2000, so I haven't been
> much help to her. I guess a workaround could be
> inserting the watermark in the header, which has no
> page numbers.

http://search.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com