RE: Good practice to place web URLs in your documentation?

Subject: RE: Good practice to place web URLs in your documentation?
From: "Jeff Hanvey" <jewahe -at- lycos -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 20:36:06 -0400

How certain are you that the documentation will change? How often do you
provide software updates?

If your answer to the first is fairly certain, and to the second is not too
often, I would direct the user to the main website. If you provide frequent
updates, as well as update some kind of online help system, I'd put the
direct link. Make it a habit to check the link in the final stages of
publishing the docs.

Jeff Hanvey
Augusta, GA
jewahe -at- lycos -dot- co -dot- uk