Re: Looking for Content Management Story Ideas

Subject: Re: Looking for Content Management Story Ideas
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:02:55 -0400

Dan,

If I understand Scott's post correctly, what he is talking about is the field that includes:

* Asset management systems (keeping track of images, slides, and the like; being able to find what you need based on stored attributes; keeping track of royalty payments due to the creator when an image is used; etc.)

* Single-sourcing (storing, updating, reusing, repurposing text; outputting text in different media)

* Proposal management systems (storing, finding, assembling, formatting boilerplate answers to frequently asked questions)

* Requirements management systems (mapping customer requirements to functional specs to design specs to test specs to validation reports)

And so forth. In other words, what does the technology look like that is used to manage the information, rather than what is the information.

Clearer?

Dick

DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com wrote:

>Okay, I'll bite -- guess I'm jargon-challenged. Based on the list above, the topic of "content management" seems to cover the entire world of business and technology. Maybe you can prepare a brief list of what *isn't* content management.

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com