Re: Responsibility

Subject: Re: Responsibility
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 09:00:32 -0700 (PDT)

"Darren Barefoot" wrote

> I'm not sure how an intimate knowledge of the product and industry helps
> when there's a feature added a week before release. In my experience,
> late breaking changes and too-short testing cycles result in new content
> being hastily generated and rarely reviewed. In these circumstances,
> despite their best efforts, the writer can't KNOW that what they've
> created is correct or complete.

It helps because of a number of reasons...

1. You can anticipate that addition. It doesn't suprise you when you see it
because you knew it was something they needed or you were even the person to
suggest it.

2. Your technical skills help you to form a better relationship with the
developers, making them warn you in advance of a new feature or include you in
its development.

3. Your technical skills allow you to document the new feature accurately, thus
if a review is not possible, the material is still correct.

Basically, you'll never go wrong with technical and industry knowledge. It
makes you more valuable and competent as a writer.

Andrew Plato

http://search.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com