RE: What does it mean to be technical?

Subject: RE: What does it mean to be technical?
From: Amy Smith/Westford/IBM <amy_smith -at- us -dot- ibm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 15:02:20 -0400

> What happens if your power supply goes the day before you need to ship
this
> manual? IT can't get you another computer because there are none. You
can't
> borrow one, because everyone else is working frantically. IT has an
extra
> power supply but, because of other workload issues, cannot get to
replacing
> yours for 3 days. "But my manual is on this machine!" you cry. "We are
> shipping tomorrow!" (I have seen this exact situation)

The first thing that springs to my mind is "why isn't that document stored
on a server that is backed up nightly?"

;-) :-)

It's definitely Friday, and definitely the Friday before a long weekend
(here in the US, that is). Have a good weekend everyone, and drive safe if
you're traveling.

Amy

Amy Smith
GPD Information Development
IBM Software Group/Lotus Software
Phone 978.399.5009 | Tie line: 399.5009 | Email: amy_smith -at- us -dot- ibm -dot- com
*****IBM Confidential******

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com